Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Since I Last Blogged

Since I last wrote...Dylan attended a week long business course at Harvard University. The NFL offers some really great business programs during the off season and Dylan had the privilege of taking advantage of one of the courses offered. He really enjoyed his time there. Here he is pictured with a couple of his friends (Josh and Dallas) who also took the course.

Caleb turned 11 Months!He is looking like such a big boy. He is mimicking sounds, loves to play chase, really enjoys books and is pulling himself up to everything. He is learning the word NO and shakes his head when he knows it is a NO NO. He waves hi and bye bye to everyone he meets. He loves to play with balls and really has enjoyed all of this time with Daddy. He is still going through a 'separation anxiety' stage which makes it really tough to leave him.

Last week we ended up in the hospital with Caleb due to dehydration. He had this nasty stomach bug that has been going around. It was AWFUL. We ended up having to stay the night in the hospital as Caleb was at a stage 2 dehydration and his heart rate was through the roof. It was incredibly painful to see him so sick and hooked up to an IV. It really gave us a greater compassion for parents who have really sick kiddos. Our hearts really go out to them. Thankfully we are doing better, I somehow survived not getting it but Dylan got it. I've never done so much laundry in my life. The stomach flu SUCKS!

Dylan turned 28 on March 8th. As tradition holds I make him breakfast and then he watches Lonesome Dove. It was a beautiful day so we also went to the park and went for a walk and then celebrated at a yummy Mexican Restaurant with my family! I love my husband so much! I am so blessed by who he is. He has made me a better person and I'm grateful for the impact he has had not only on my life but many others. He is an amazing father and I really couldn't ask for someone so perfect for me.

Caleb is in his big boy car seat. He LOVES it!

So there you have it... I guess I should also mention that I had surgery on Feb. 19th. There is no picture of this, thank goodness! The surgery was to correct the issues I have been having since delivering Caleb. I will spare you the details. I am still recovering but thankful that they were able to correct and fix the problems. Hopefully i will feel 100 percent soon! Dylan was super incredible as I was in bed with a lot of pain for a week. He took amazing care of Caleb as well as me I am so thankful for how patient and kind he was during such a tough and painful time!














1 comment:

  1. love the update and pictures! i will never get over caleb's eyes. i love the pic by the window. happy birthday to dylan! glad you are recovering, mel. love you all!

    ReplyDelete