Lately I have been having to dig in our trash to find things that I need. Maybe every 16 month old is like this or maybe my son is just a tad O.C.D but Caleb is obsessed (obsessed isn't even the right word) with putting things in trash cans, on shelves, in baskets, ect. He also has a thing for taking everything out of drawers and placing those items in other drawers, trash cans, laundry baskets, ect. He likes order and likes things to be put away. Some days I get pretty frustrated as he seems to do all of this so, so fast but most days I laugh, especially after he is in bed and I start picking the house up and am able to notice all of the ways he has left his 'mark' around the house. I have started taking pictures as I find stuff because I think it is so hilarious. I finally had to buy locks for our kitchen trash cans because he threw the T.V remote away and we think it got sent to the dump! Below are some of my findings.....
Our coffee table has a little door, I opened it to find something and behold I found this:
I had been putting some of his clothes that don't fit anymore away in a container but Caleb decided he needed to help too. I think at one point he had taken all of the clothes out, put them back in the container and then loaded all of his books on top.
The other night I couldn't find the monitor. Here is where I found it. In the bottom of our bedroom trash along with a pair of my shoes a card and my grandmother's mirror.
This morning I went to the bathroom to find this, a People Magazine, two candles and the roll of toilet paper. No matter what Daddy says, Caleb should know by now that People Magazine's DO NOT belong in the trash.
I found these treasures in our bathroom trash: a tube of sunscreen, a bottle of lotion, a toothbrush and a bunch of bandaids.
As I was putting laundry away Caleb decided it would be fun to clean out a drawer that is rarely visited: my lingerie drawer. Oh dear..
Here he is with underwear around his neck. Yikes.
I PROMISE that I do watch my son. He is such a lil tornado though, constantly on the move, constantly getting things out as well as running from thing to thing. Have I mentioned that he also likes to throw things over the balcony? Awesome. He keeps me on my toes!

I love this! So funny!
ReplyDeleteAw, he is so stinking cute! I love this post:)
ReplyDeleteI was hoping you would say something about the PEOPLE's! what a tragedy :) to find that in the trash!
ReplyDeletehilarious regarding the lingerie/undies on your head!
joyful with you,
erin
<><
er...undies on his head :)
ReplyDelete